2020.05.11 - Issues with subscriptions and payments
A change in the Auth0 Management Dashboard triggered errors when users attempted to load the subscription and payment related Dashboard tabs.
A change to the Auth0 Management Dashboard was deployed to support an upcoming feature. This change inadvertently introduced an unsupported attribute to select Auth0 Management API requests, triggering validation error responses as expected. The failed requests blocked the processing of a narrow subset of Dashboard functions, specifically the loading of subscription/payment information when accessing the related tabs. All Auth0 APIs and services continued to function throughout the incident.
- We corrected the functionality that triggered the malformed request.
- We are increasing monitoring for these Dashboard features.
- 17:30 UTC - Issue loading Subscription and Payment tabs reported.
- 17:37 UTC - Confirmed the underlying errors triggering the failures.
- 17:41 UTC - Posted to status page as investigating.
- 17:46 UTC - Initiated a rollback of the recent Dashboard deployment.
- 17:51 UTC - Identified the functional change that triggered the errors and initiated steps for a permanent resolution.
- 17:56 UTC - Status page updated to Monitoring.
- 17:58 UTC - Confirmed billing functions are working.
- 18:26 UTC - Incident marked as resolved.